Welcome to the WATAC website
The Story of WATAC
The story of Women and the Australian Church (WATAC) commenced in 1984 as a national project of the Religious women and men of Australia. While the WATAC organisation is Catholic by origin it is ecumenical by membership and has a commitment to working together with all churches and on an inter-faith basis.
The Vision of WATAC
WATAC’s vision is to provide a forum for those searching for an inclusive church and to enable the voice of women to be heard on global and social justice issues.
The Aims of WATAC
The aim of WATAC is to model new ways of being church, based on a "discipleship of equals".
- WOW and the diaconate of women
- Senior Student Interfaith Symposiums 2013
- 2013 WATAC Inc report to Annual General Meeting
- 2013 WATAC Luncheon Photos
- Talks from 26th March 2013 - Being Tomorrow's Church Today: A Challenge - Michael Morwood and Bishop William Morris
- The Night WATAC Celebrated Vatican II in Parliament House with Bishop Pat Power and Sister Anne Derwin, 12 September 2012, NSW Parliament House