Welcome to the WATAC website
The Story of WATAC
The story of Women and the Australian Church (WATAC) commenced in 1984 as a national project of the Religious women and men of Australia. While the WATAC organisation is Catholic by origin it is ecumenical by membership and has a commitment to working together with all churches and on an inter-faith basis.
The Vision of WATAC
WATAC’s vision is to provide a forum for those searching for an inclusive church and to enable the voice of women to be heard on global and social justice issues.
The Aims of WATAC
The aim of WATAC is to model new ways of being church, based on a "discipleship of equals".
- Being Tomorrow's Church Today – A Challenge with Bishop William Morris, Michael Morwood and Rosemary Breen – Booking form
- The Night WATAC Celebrated Vatican II in Parliament House with Bishop Pat Power and Sister Anne Derwin, 12 September 2012, NSW Parliament House
- Senior Student Interfaith Symposiums 2013
- 2012 WATAC Luncheon Photos
- 2012 WATAC Luncheon Report
- 2012 WATAC Luncheon Address – Rosemary Breen
- 2012 WATAC INC Report to Annual General Meeting