Welcome to the WATAC website
The Story of WATAC
The story of Women and the Australian Church (WATAC) commenced in 1984 as a national project of the Religious women and men of Australia. While the WATAC organisation is Catholic by origin it is ecumenical by membership and has a commitment to working together with all churches and on an inter-faith basis.
The Vision of WATAC
WATAC’s vision is to provide a forum for those searching for an inclusive church and to enable the voice of women to be heard on global and social justice issues.
The Aims of WATAC
The aim of WATAC is to model new ways of being church, based on a "discipleship of equals".
- Wednesday 6th May 2015 WATAC Luncheon with Donella Johnston and Trish Hindmarsh - CHANGE WILL HAPPEN IF TOGETHER WE ACT ON OUR DREAMS followed by WATAC Annual General Meeting 3pm NSW Parliament House Jubilee Room
- Why & Ways to donate to WATAC’s sponsorship of the WOW Conference
- Catholics for Ministry Panel Discussion Canberra 14th May 2015 to support WOW Conference
- 2014 WATAC Luncheon Photos
- 2014 WATAC Inc report to AGM
- WOW and the diaconate of women
- 2013 WATAC Luncheon Photos
- Talks from 26th March 2013 - Being Tomorrow's Church Today: A Challenge - Michael Morwood and Bishop William Morris
- The Night WATAC Celebrated Vatican II in Parliament House with Bishop Pat Power and Sister Anne Derwin, 12 September 2012, NSW Parliament House